The Compliance Lab team would like to welcome you all to the first edition for Compliance Matters 2019. We are very excited to commence this year and show you all what we have in store. Our objective for this year is to “Help Businesses Grow”.
Quote of the Month
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible” Tony Robbins
Compliance Lab would like to say Congratulations to Enviroscope for passing their Recertification Audit with Best Practice on Quality, Safety & Environment Standards this month.
Did you know
The ISO Standards for Quality, Safety and Environment all require top management to establish relevant objectives throughout their organisation. Objectives are goalposts and as such they drive improvement.
The objectives should be designed to be S.M.A.R.T and should have relevance at all levels of the organisation. SMART stands for:
- Specific: well defined and focused.
- Measurable: there must be criteria that can be used to determine if the objective is achievable, whether progress is being made and when the objective has been achieved.
- Attainable: aim to create objectives that stretch the organisation, but not so far that people become frustrated and lose motivation.
- Realistic: you have the resources and support needed. Resources might be skills, time, money, equipment, etc.
- Time based: set a deadline for achieving the objective and hold people to it. It drives urgency and prompts action.
Some examples of objectives include:
- Reduce customer complaints by %
- Improve on time delivery
- Reduce Lost Time incidents
- Conduct X number of workplace inspections
- Reduce Water Consumption
- Reduce the number of chemicals used that contain carcinogens
On a regular basis you need to review your progress towards meeting your objectives. This may involve measuring the objectives every month and determining the actions that need to be taken if you aren’t going to meet your targets. Your management review meetings also provide a great opportunity for discussions like this.
If you would like Compliance Lab to assist you in developing your Objectives and Targets for 2019, please contact us.